Tuesday 31 May 2011

YC Alberta - 2011

This past weekend - May 27-29 - Brendan and I took 12 youth to YC in Edmonton. A number of people have asked me how it was, I always respond with LOUD! seriously it's crazy how loud the whole weekend was.

But it wasn't only loud, it was great to see the kids interacting, listening to what speakers had to say, enjoying the numerous concerts that there were to attend and debriefing at the end of the day. Throughout the week I asked youth, what was life impacting today? I love hearing their answers, it's neat that each of us are impacted by different things, that different things touch our hearts or make us think.

The theme of the weekend was "Hear the Sound" - hear the sound of what God has to say to you, of what he wants you to learn. I believe that it was an impacting week for some of the youth on the trip, I believe some of them truly believe that their lives need to change, so i will be praying for them, that now that they are home they will still be listening to what God has to say to them, that they wont just turn back to their old ways.

It was a good weekend (below is a picture from a Tenth Avenue North concert I attended - one of my favorite parts of the weekend) but I am pretty glad to be back to normal life in lower decibels :)



No comments:

Post a Comment