Tuesday 3 May 2011

I suppose i should share . . .

Now that I have joined this world of blogging, I am plagued with the question "about what should I blog" . . . what a weird word anyways, blog. I don't want to overblog . . . that's not interesting, but only one thing on a wall isn't so interesting either. So blog I will.

Today at our staff meeting we were talking about "wondering", it was an interesting conversation for me. See i am a very Black and White person, there is wrong there is right, there is yes and no, there is my opinion and the wrong opinion (just kidding, I try not to let that be true). But we talked about the importance of wondering, about the importance of not needing to have the answer, or even an answer all the time and the space this creates in relationship. A space where people feel safe to ask questions, to journey with you. I hope I can grow to be a person who allows wonderment, that when I am with youth I don't need to have all the answers, but that together we can journey, together we can question and wonder. I think that would be a great place to be with kids.

So right away some girls are going to come hang out with me for my Elevate program, it's a new group and I'm interested to see where it will go, but I hope that together we can wonder about some important stuff.

(also a shout out to my first two followers - I checked all day to see if anyone would be interested in my blog - thanks for following)

No comments:

Post a Comment