Monday 9 May 2011

Friendship . . .

This past weekend me and Brendan headed up to Grande Prairie to visit some friends. In a weird way I always feel a little at home when I'm there because of the 3 years I spent there for school.

I got to spend my whole Saturday with some very good friends of mine. You know those friends that you can just pick up where you left off, be totally honest together and laugh really hard with. That's what these friends are like for me. So we spent the whole day walking around the park and catching up since the last time we had been together, we went to Petland to play with the animals and then went back to the park for a picnic. We ended the day by getting together for coffee with another friend. It was one of those days that totally refueled me. Not once during the day did I feel like I had to pretend or fake who i was, I could be totally serious and the next second totally silly and it was totally awesome.

It's these rare friendships that make me think of Jesus, I think we could be that comfortable with Jesus if we pictured him to truly be our friend. Sometimes I forget that he wants me to be personal with him. It was  a good reminder this weekend of what a real friendship looks like and how comfortable I can be around those I know love me for me. I am so thankful for friends, and I already look forward to the next time I will get to see these friends in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment